Honouring the elephants’ right of way, a timber walkway, towering above these giants, meanders through the trees and joins the ten luxurious tented suites of exquisite comfort. Tastefully decorated with natural colours and evoking a gentle balance of serenity, the decadently spacious tented suites open completely and emanate a feeling of vastness and opulence.
As dawn breaks your morning tea or coffee, together with homemade biscuits, are personally delivered to your tent by your guide. From the privacy of your treehouse deck, watch the sky illuminate with hues of purple and amber and re-energize for the day’s adventure ahead.
The main feature, and the heart of the lodge, is the majestic viewing deck, from where your “open to sky” dining, with rewarding views of the floodplains below, are more than often the playground for large herds of elephants, buffalo and plains game that later seek refuge and security under your tented suite for the night.
The elegant Safari Lounge creates a perfect fusion of energy and relaxation, which emphasises a sense of place. A library with a mixture of vintage artefacts and books, as well as small relics found on site while building the lodge on this historical military area, all encourage touch and exploration.
Often, a game drive away from the lodge becomes so unnecessary as the elephants and wildlife meander through the camp. Sundowners are then enjoyed from the safety of the decks or lengthy walkways, only meters above these animals as they traverse below you and go about their feeding.
Built among the treetops
110 square metres of space
A private lounge
- En-suite bathroom with both shower and bath
Spacious viewing deck
Mosquito nets around the beds
Personal laptop safe
- Bio-degradable amenities
- Wifi – accessible in the main area
Fresh coffee or tea delivered to your private deck
Where to find us
Find out more
Rates & Information
Proudly Partnered With
- Pompie’s Amazing Birding Safari September 17, 2018 African Monarch Lodges
- Caprivi-Streifen Namibias tropisches Paradies March 5, 2018Spiegel-online, ab 21. Februar 2018 Wildreich und wild: Wer Elefanten, Löwen und Flusspferde ganz nah erleben will, bereist Namibias nordöstlichen Zipfel. Die Region erlebt zurzeit einen Boom, immer mehr luxuriöse Zeltcamps eröffnen. Das Boot taumelt und schwankt. Riesige Wellen erfassen seinen Bug. Die Touristen auf dem Oberdeck sind jedoch wenig irritiert, sie […]African Monarch Lodges
- Spectacular nocturnal wildlife sightings June 15, 2016Spectacular nocturnal wildlife sightings Nambwa Tented Lodge has been experiencing some spectacular wildlife sightings recently. Here is one of their latest guest experiences: “The cool air washes over our faces as we sit on the back of the game viewer, following the light as it floats over the grass plains on our left, and the dense […]NamDan
- Dreaming in the treetops… May 15, 2016Dreaming in the treetops… Text and Photographs Elzanne Erasmus | Main photo ©Timo De Nijs The stately animals make their way through the marshes. Slowly but surely they navigate the wet ground underfoot. Among them, barely sticking out above the tall grasses, you can make out the backs of young calves. They weave their way […]NamDan
- Special Nambwa B’day Surprise April 15, 2016A special Nambwa Birthday surprise A couple of weeks ago, the 7th of April to be exact, it was my brother-in-law’s birthday. To celebrate, Nambwa Tented Lodge organised an island breakfast for us which was absolutely amazing. My brother- in-law is from Germany and he had never celebrated his birthday away from home before; so to get such […]NamDan