Kazile Island Lodge
Kazile Island Lodge is situated on a private island on the banks of the Kwando River, within the heart of KAZA. Kazile together with its sister lodge Nambwa are the only lodges to be uniquely situated within the Bwabwata National Park. The Lodge offers ten Meru tents nestled within a Mangostene forest. The tents overlook the Kwando River as well as the expansive floodplains between the Island and the famous Horseshoe Bend.
Kazile Island is a special paradise that can only be reached by boat. Here, herds of buffalo and elephant traverse the wet Zambezi landscape. Sitatunga, an elusive aquatic antelope, are often spotted along the floodplains and marshes. Fall in love with this enigmatic corner of Namibia as the sun rises over the tree canopies. Enjoy the sounds of birds chirping from your tent, explore the waterways and absorb the ambiance of this beautiful wilderness.
- Situated on Kazile Island in the Bwabwata National Park, in the heart of KAZA, in the Zambezi Region
- On the banks of the Kwando River and it’s floodplains
- Accessible from Kazile Campsite approximately 12km from Kongola off the new tar road between Kongola and the Linyanti
- From Kazile Campsite a short 5 minute boat cruise to the lodge
- 10 tented suites with 2 single beds
- 2 Guide/Pilot tents
- The Lodge can accommodate 20 guests
Our unquenchable desire to create the most authentic African experience takes you drifting down the unspoilt Kwando River. Explore the fauna and flora up close and personal on a bush walk or a game drive with our experienced guides. A visit to a traditional village allows you the opportunity to understand the local life and culture of our people. The famous Horseshoe Lagoon is the ideal spot for a sundowner after a riveting game drive. Soak up the breathtaking sunsets together with hippos and large herds of elephants silhouetted in purple hues over the water.