African Monarch Lodges
Authentic Experiences in the Zambezi
Superior standards and unrivalled spaces are equally matched by the detail and attention bestowed on our guests by the staff who are carefully selected from the local communities for their passion for heartfelt personal service. This ensures that all our guests enjoy an extraordinary, unparalleled and true African experience.
Our unquenchable desire to create memorable African experiences takes you on foot, by boat or vehicle, up close and personal with some of the biggest herds of elephants that traverse the largest conservation area in Africa.
African Monarch Lodges, home to Nambwa Tented Lodge and Kazile Island Lodge inside Bwabwata National Park in Namibia’s Zambezi Region, is the cumulative product of the passion and dedication of its founders, Dusty and Tinolla.
Explore our Properties
The Sijwa Project
an island of change
Where to Find Us
How to Get There
- Daily airline flights from Johannesburg & Cape Town to Vic Falls (Zimbabwe), Livingstone (Zambia), Kasane (Botswana)
- 3 Flights a week from Windhoek to Katima (Sunday, Wednesday and Friday)
- We can arrange road transfers from Katima, Kasane, Vic Falls or Livingstone
- Vic Falls/Livingstone to our lodge’s Boat Station – 3.5 to 4 hours
- Kasane to our lodge’s Boat Station – 2.5 to 3 hours
- Katima to our lodge’s Boat Station – 1.5 hours
- Our lodges are located 1150 km from Windhoek
- Ideal overnight stops enroute are Rundu (440km from our lodges) or Bagani on the Okavango River (200km from our lodges)
- Our lodges are only accessible with a 4×4 vehicle.
- Various boat cruise or game drive transfer options are available from the main entrance to our lodges
- Vehicles can also be parked safely at Kazile Boat Station and from here boat transfers can be booked to either
- Nambwa or Kazile
Boat transfers to Nambwa from Kazile Boat Station will take approximately 35 minutes
- Boat transfers from Kazile are complimentary and will take approximately 5-10 minutes